Do you want to know which are the best portable speakers with bluetooth connectivity of the year 2020? Do you know which is the best brand of speakers? Or the best for price-quality? Do you know how to choose a good bluetooth speaker?
Look no further, we have selected the 10 best wireless models (plus a few that are worth it) from brands like Bose, UE, JBL … And the price range is very interesting. Different brands offer speakers to buy from 50 euros … It is the best option as a speaker to connect to your mobile or tablet.
They are powerful speakers, with good connectivity (they are wireless), and very manageable and small. You will certainly find the best speaker brands represented in this list.
This type of portable bluetooth speakers have become essential in a world full of smartphones and tablets. We want to listen to our music anywhere, and these models are the ones that offer us the best options.
Some Bluetooth speakers stand out for having the most functionality at a relatively low price. Others opt for good design and manufacturing. There are prices for all tastes.
Our 5 Favorite Mid Range Speakers
What is the best brand of speakers?
Difficult to decide on one in particular. Each brand of speaker has tried to specialize in one type of characteristics, and although many models share certain functionalities, it is possible that some stand out more than others in some section.
There is no best brand of speakers, just the brand that best suits your needs.
That said, you will always be able to trust certain brands such as:
You are not going to make a mistake buying speakers from these companies.
Do you know how to choose a good bluetooth speaker?
There are so many features to keep in mind that selecting the best models can be tricky. It is clear that each one will have their own needs, so check out the list of speakers that we have prepared knowing that among its main features you can find:
- What is Bluetooth: The ideal wireless protocol for listening to music is Bluetooth (for many). Its emission range is usually about 10, 15 meters and practically all modern devices such as tablets, computers or smartphones have a Bluetooth chip, and the good thing about Bluetooth is that it does not require a network connection, which means that it will work almost in 100% of the occasions. It is extremely easy to use, and in just a few seconds you will have your music playing throughout the room.
- Bluetooth transmission quality: practically indistinguishable from streaming via WIFI. The quality in its latest versions is really good, and if we add the aptX codec and other improvements, the sound quality equals that of a CD. Search for Bluetooth 4 or higher. Bluetooth 5 is the latest standard – it greatly improves the speed and range of data transmission (not yet seen in speakers).
- NFC (Near Field Communication): protocol that makes our lives easier when connecting our devices to the bluetooth speaker.
- Water resistance: many models are designed to be taken outdoors, and in many cases they are waterproof. You have to look for the degree of IP protection to know if they can only get a little wet or if resistant splashes.
- Frequency response : The frequency response is measured in an average unit called Hertz and can range, for example, from 100Hz to 20,000Hz. The wider the range, the better the audio will play. Bass is generally heard around 20Hz to 250Hz. Voices and other instruments like the guitar range from 250Hz to 4000Hz (midrange). The rest of the frequencies (up to 20,000Hz) are called treble.
- Drivers: They must be of reasonable size for the music to be heard well. The most common portable speakers usually have a 40mm driver. If we want something bigger, the size of the speaker will start to grow. The placement of the drivers and the number of them also influence. The smallest speakers only have one. At a minimum, if we want a well-balanced sound, the speaker should have 2 drivers. Since there isn’t much room inside a portable Bluetooth speaker for a woofer, many manufacturers put passive radiators in their speakers to produce the bass.
- Mobile and tablet app: Many speaker manufacturers include an app for smartphones and tablets that allows us to control the sound and the connection to the bluetooth speaker. It is not essential, but it does help a lot when managing the device.
- Smart speakers? Alexa, Siri and the Google assistant are increasingly in fashion … they are perfect speakers for the home: you can control all kinds of smart devices such as light bulbs, thermostats etc … and they answer all your questions. They have to be constantly connected to the internet and connected to the electrical network, so portability is reduced to being able to move them from room to house with ease. We talk about them at the end of the article.
Small speaker that makes itself heard. The JBL Flip 5 bluetooth speaker has plenty of power for a portable speaker its size. Its capacity, both indoors and outdoors, generates good results. It has 20W power. It does not offer very good sound spatiality, but it does offer clarity and strength at all frequencies.
Its characteristics are similar to that of the Boom 3 portable speaker, but we have seen better performance from this JBL portable bluetooth speaker in terms of sound clarity and bass power. The sound details leave something to be desired when compared to other more expensive Bluetooth speakers, but if we consider its price, its performance is more than good.
The JBL FLip 5 comes with new JBL PartyBoost technology that allows you to sync it with other JBL speakers to play music simultaneously. Unfortunately it is not compatible with JBL Connect Plus, so it cannot be connected to previous models for now, not even the JBL Charge 4. However, the company will most likely update the firmware of its other speakers shortly.
It works with Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity and has a good range. When testing it we did not perceive any disconnection problem. JBL decided to eliminate the 3.5mm auxiliary input that the previous model brought, something unfortunate if you want to connect devices wired. On the other hand, the charging port has been updated by one of the USB-C type.
The JBL FLip 5 bluetooth speaker brings us a 4,800 mAh capacity battery . When performing a test using 50% of the volume capacity, we get up to 12 hours of continuous playback . When testing it using maximum power, however, we have noticed that it works for about 10 hours. It offers great performance, comparable to the VTIN Punker’s battery .
Affordable and powerful bluetooth speaker. The sound of this portable speaker provides deep bass and achieves crisp midtones and highs . The sonic details leave something to be desired when compared to the best Bluetooth speakers on this list, but considering its size it’s fine. In addition, IPX7 protection makes it an ideal option to take it wherever we go. This mobile speaker features an excellent combination of quality at an affordable price. More than enough reasons to include it in our list of best bluetooth speakers 2020.